Doctorate Degree in Human Capital Leadership and Change Course
Course #: PHD-770 Hours: 10 Lec/ 2 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 12 Total
Subject Title: CHRISTIAN STRATEGY
Method: Asynchronous Distance Learning Schedule: 11 weeks
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
The word, strategize, means to put a plan of action behind a strongly held belief. CHRISTIAN STRATEGY examines prayer, biblical practices, and perspectives through a combination of media lecture, coaching labs, and online discussion forums to give the doctoral student techniques for being effective and authentic in one’s career and calling.
Required Media: Prayer: God’s Strategy for Success in the Marketplace Posted on May 8, 2017 (https://hbu.edu/center-for-christianity-in-business/2017/05/08/prayer-gods-strategy-success-marketplace/) By Os Hillman; Publisher: Center for Christianity in Business – Houston Baptist University.
Through reading and applying the principles shared in the course materials, you will:
- Identify and describe how Prayer may be used as a marketing strategy.
- Identify and describe how businesses and inventions may be birthed through prayer and biblical means.
- Identify examples of entrepreneurism in the Bible.
- Describe examples of poor stewardship in business and career dangers, citing biblical examples, as well modern-day examples that you have observed.
- Identify two biblical strategies you have received from the Lord and used in your calling and career.
A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see How to Complete this Program section for detailed instructions.