Doctorate Degree Course
Course #: PHD-800-CLC Hours: 0 Lec/15 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 15 Total
Subject Title: DOCTORAL DISSERTATION / DOCTORAL CAPSTONE PROJECT – CLC
Method: Independent Research Dissertation Schedule: Self-paced up to 24 weeks
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
Your dissertation or doctoral capstone is intended to extend or apply research to deliver a solution immediately to an issue within a real-world setting. Dissertations and capstone projects should be no less than 40 pages and no more than 100 pages in length and must include a bibliography with at least 15 references. In your paper, first introduce your theme or abstract and then expound on your research in detail on the theme using common English language. Endnotes and research notes should be noted numerically after each statement with the source cited at the end of the paper. It is suggested that the dissertation/capstone paper be written in APA style format and the resource below is a great resource. Students who choose the Doctoral Bridge in their Student Enrollment Agreement may present their own writing project as a doctoral capstone in the resulting form of a published book, devotional, ministry resource, or training tool.
Through extensive writing, research, or use of the suggested course materials, you will:
- Identify your doctoral capstone topic or doctoral dissertation topic and submit the proposed title of dissertation or doctoral capstone project within the first 90-days in the program.
- Prepare a schedule and outline for your workplan or research work on the dissertation or project.
- Prepare a 40-to-100-page paper based on the idea of your dissertation or capstone.
- Use APA format or book format in suggested guidelines for dissertations or doctoral capstone.
- Submit the final dissertation/project within due dates specified in Class Syllabus.
A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see How to Complete this Program section for detailed instructions.