Doctorate Degree in Human Capital Leadership and Change Course
Course #: PHD-710 Hours: 10 Lec/ 2 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 12 Total
Subject Title: ENGAGING THE CHURCH IN BUSINESS
Method: Asynchronous Distance Learning Schedule: 11 weeks
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
Many leaders have taught their congregations how to have church and have spent less time teaching the people how to be the church – a living body and temple for God to dwell in. What is the role of the church today? How does this role extend beyond the four walls of a building? We live the majority of our lives outside of a church building and yet, most believers have no clue how to bring the supernatural power of God into their time outside of a church building. What’s wrong with this picture? This combines articles lectures, coaching labs, and online discussion forums to give the doctoral student an opportunity to advance his/her practice and mindset to shift from thinking of the church as a physical building to seeing the church as a living body, and thus a container for God’s glory to impact world systems, particularly, business systems.
Required Media: 9 Ways Your Church Can Engage Business Professionals. Posted on June 21, 2017 (https://hbu.edu/center-for-christianity-in-business/2017/06/21/9-ways-church-can-engage-business-professionals/) By: Darren Shearer
Through reading and applying the principles shared in the course materials, you will:
- Identify and describe 9 ways you or your church can engage business professionals more effectively.
- Identify and describe the strategy problem that occurs if every believer tries to leave his job or the business marketplace and enter full-time ministry or business for himself.
- Identify and name biblical examples of how God himself handles trained professionals in His Kingdom.
- Identify the result when God engages people in their business calling and give financial examples.
- Identify your Spiritual gift in business by taking the Assessment here: http://www.theologyofbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Your-Spiritual-Gifts-in-the-Marketplace_Assessment.pdf
A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see How to Complete this Program section for detailed instructions.