Doctorate Degree in Christ-Centered Coaching, Leadership, and Change Course
Course #: PHD-570 Hours: 10 Lec/ 2 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 12 Total
Subject Title: COACHING COMMUNITIES TO GOD’S WORD
Method: Asynchronous Distance Learning Schedule: 11 weeks
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
Contrary to how leaders may have led previously by giving advice and delivering instruction, in this course, students will learn twelve essential coaching skills to enhance their ability to have transformational conversations with others. The goal is for believers to learn how to speak less and listen more deeply, seek God for Spirit-led questions to ask others, and help the Body of Christ continue to move towards God’s agenda and motives.
Required Textbook: Spiritual Leadership Coaching: Connecting People to God’s Heart and Purposes by Richard Blackaby and Bob Royall (2018); ISBN-13: 978-0692939000; 304 pages, Publisher: Blackaby Ministries
Through reading and applying the principles shared in the course materials, you will:
- Learn to listen to the heart of God when alone and engaging with others.
- Formulate deeper levels of engagement in coaching conversations.
- Explore how to ensure that the coaching conversation is spirit-led and not coach-directed.
- Become sensitive to God’s agenda and comfortable being a vulnerable space for others.
- Ask questions on multiple levels that help a person ponder God’s leading voice.
A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see How to Complete this Program section for detailed instructions.