Personal Ministry Coach Course
Course #: M-CPC-111 AUDIT Hours: 16 Lec/ 2 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 18 Total
Subject Title: MINING FOR DIAMONDS IN COACHING
Method: Asynchronous/Self-study Schedule: 16-hours (Lessons 113-120)
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
Just as diamonds are formed through a combination of tremendous pressure and temperatures miles beneath the earth’s surface, and have to be mined by individuals seeking to uncover their brilliance, effective competent coaching allows a client to self-discover himself or herself beneath the surface, and covenant with self and coach to pursue and achieve a desired level of success. In this course, the student views the model of the “DIAMONDS” approach and how it helps the client to discover his/her meaningful indicators that provide deeper meaning and direction for the client who wishes to move from where they are today to where they want to be. By using the International Coach Federation (ICF) foundations, this course outlines and re-emphasizes how the DIAMONDS principles support the ICF guiding systems of coaching, the benefits of coaching for both the client and the coach, core values of coaching, and an illustrative model in action which is available to students in their coaching work to apply competent application of a guided system of coaching practices that aid in supporting the client’s objective for coaching.
Required Textbook: DIAMONDS Core Competencies for Coaching: Coach-specific Training for Professional Coaches and Aspiring Coaches by Dr Merle Evelyn Ray (Author) (2017), ISBN 978-1720921318
- Identify and describe layers and dimensions of coaching.
- Identify and describe core values and benefits of coaching.
- Identify and describe navigating in a co-partnering relationship with the client of professional coaching.
- Updated Version of ICF Core Competencies – https://coachfederation.org/core-competencies
- A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see the section on How to Complete this Certificate.