Graduate Degree Program In Executive Leadership, Pastoral Care, & Change Course
Course #: GCL-460 Hours: 10 Lec/ 2 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 12 Total
Subject Title: DIAMONDS IN CHRISTIAN LEADERS
Method: Asynchronous Distance Learning Schedule: 11 weeks
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
DIAMONDS IN CHRISTIAN LEADERS combines textbook reading lectures, coaching labs, and online discussion forums to give the leader advanced knowledge of the essentials of Christian coaching. Being a good listener and being supportive of others, this course assists faith-based leaders with listening to what others have to say and feel, a technique that sets the stage for being effective in any service organization. The payoff for mastering this coaching technique is the ability to find rare jewels in developing yourself and others for lifelong leading, loving, and learning in public and private service for ministry.
Required Textbook: Coaching for Christian Leaders: A Practical Guide (TCP Leadership Series) by Linda J. Miller; ISBN-13: 978-0827205079, 160 pages, Publisher: Chalice
Through extensive research and use of the suggested course materials, you will:
- Identify and describe the principle of centeredness in coaching.
- Identify and describe the skill of forming powerful questions.
- Identify and describe challenges to coaching for individuals used to traditional ministry.
- Identify and describe engaging in supportive coaching that leads to self-discovery.
- A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see How to Complete this Degree Program section for detailed instructions.