Graduate Degree Program In Executive Leadership, Pastoral Care, & Change Course
Course #: GCL-430 Hours: 10 Lec/ 2 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 12 Total
Subject Title: BECOMING A BETTER LEADER BY BECOMING A BETTER COACH
Method: Asynchronous Distance Learning Schedule: 11 weeks
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
BECOMING A BETTER LEADER BY BECOMING A BETTER COACH combines textbook reading lectures, coaching labs, and online discussion forums to give the leader advanced knowledge of what it means to be an effective leader. To be an effective coach, one is an effective leader. Successful leaders listen, communicate and create learning environments where other learn to lead and fulfill their life meaning and objectives as well as personal goals. This course assists leaders in coaching themselves and other leaders for high-performance through learning about creating the most productive and transforming environment.
Required Textbook: BE…Don’t Do: The Sherpa Guide to Coaching for Managers by Brenda Corbett and Judith Colemon; ISBN-13: 978-0967858852, 92 pages, Publisher: Sherpa Coaching
Through extensive research and use of the suggested course materials, you will:
- Identify and describe self-awareness and what you need to become more self-aware;
- Identify and describe guiding others through coachable moments by identifying your own;
- Identify and describe giving up control of others.
- Identify and describe asking questions, listening, and setting the stage for expectation.
- A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see How to Complete this Degree Program section for detailed instructions.