Graduate Degree Program In Executive Leadership, Pastoral Care, & Change Course
Course #: GCL-420 Hours: 10 Lec/ 2 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 12 Total
Subject Title: WHAT MATTERS MOST TO LEADERS
Method: Asynchronous Distance Learning Schedule: 11 weeks
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
WHAT MATTERS MOST TO LEADERS combines textbook reading lectures, coaching labs, and online discussion forums to give the leader advanced knowledge of how to help leaders fulfill their life’s calling. Leaders must determine what matters most to them and why it is important. This course will assist leaders in self-discovering why your life matters – reviewing your past evaluations of your importance, your actions for moving yourself forward, and determining your direction and meaning from this point on. You will answer the question: what do you want your personal meaning to be? Armed with that experience, coaches understand better how to help others.
Required Textbook: Why It Matters: The Sherpa Guide to What You are Looking For by Brenda Corbett and Jennifer Chloupek; ISBN-13: 978-0967858883, 107 pages, Publisher: Sherpa Coaching
Through extensive research and use of the suggested course materials, you will:
- Identify, describe, and evaluate meaningful actions as reflections from the past;
- Identify, determine, and describe the direction and meaning you want to achieve;
- Identify, determine, and describe what matters most to you in moving forward.
- Explain the importance of asking the question: ‘Why it matters?’ to leaders.
- A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see How to Complete this Degree Program section for detailed instructions.