Certificate in Professional Coaching Course
Course #: G-CPC-108 Hours: 16 Lec/ 2 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 18 Total
Subject Title: FACILITATES CLIENT GROWTH
Method: Live Instructor-Led Online Schedule: SAT/SUN 8 AM – 5:30 PM
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
Based upon ICF public documents, the D.I.A.M.O.N.D.S. CORE COMPETENCIES FOR COACHING curriculum provide guidelines, suggestions, and opportunities for coach practitioners, mentors, supervisors, trainers, and students in their coaching work and practices to apply competent application of the ICF Core Competency – FACILITATES CLIENT GROWTH. A minimum of 16 class hours is spent in coach-specific training and practice on this essential core competency. FACILITATES CLIENT GROWTH enables coaches to use their designing actions skills, planning and goalsetting, and skills that manage progress and accountability to assist the client in reaching his/her desired goals and outcomes. While EVOKES AWARENESS enables coaches to become naturally prone to dancing in the moment by asking the right questions and communicating effectively, FACILITATES CLIENT GROWTH provides the practices coaches need in helping the client to set objectives, enabling client-desired client-driven results-based coaching.
Required Textbook: DIAMONDS Core Competencies for Coaching: Coach-specific Training for Professional Coaches and Aspiring Coaches by Dr Merle Evelyn Ray (Author) (2017), ISBN 978-1720921318
- Identify and describe designing actions, planning and goal-setting, managing accountability and progress as they relate to facilitating client growth.
- Name ways to incorporate tools and techniques into your coaching practice demonstrating this ICF core competency.
- Updated Version of ICF Core Competencies – https://coachfederation.org/core-competencies
- ICF Core Competencies Comparison Table https://coachfederation.org/app/uploads/2017/12/ICFCompetenciesLevelsTable.pdf
- ICF PCC Markers https://coachfederation.org/pcc-markers
- A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see the section on How to Complete this Certificate.