Personal Ministry Coach Course
Course #: G-CPC-105 AUDIT Hours: 16 Lec/ 2 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 18 Total
Subject Title: MAINTAINS PRESENCE
Method: Asynchronous/Self-study Schedule: 16-hours (Lessons 33-40)
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
MAINTAINS PRESENCE describes the coach’s ability to be fully conscious and create a spontaneous relationship, employing a style that is open, flexible and confident. When coaching relationships are co-created between client and coach, the purpose is to assist the coaching relationship into developing a new and mutual state of awareness that can only arise in the moment and out of joint conversation designed to not only connect to the client but also create the MAINTAINS PRESENCE that is necessary to be effective for both client and coach. In this course, participants will gain knowledge and skills focusing on the following learning objectives. Based upon ICF public documents, the D.I.A.M.O.N.D.S. CORE COMPETENCIES FOR COACHING curriculum provide guidelines, suggestions, and opportunities for coach practitioners, mentors, supervisors, trainers, and students in their coaching work and practices to apply competent application of the ICF Core Competency – MAINTAINS PRESENCE. A minimum of 16 class hours is spent in coach-specific training and practice on this essential core competency.
Required Textbook: DIAMONDS Core Competencies for Coaching: Coach-specific Training for Professional Coaches and Aspiring Coaches by Dr Merle Evelyn Ray (Author) (2017), ISBN 978-1720921318
- Identify and describe being present and flexible during the coaching process, “dancing in the moment.”
- Identify and describe accessing own intuition and trusts one’s inner-knowing— the ability to” go with the gut.”
- Identify and describe being opened to not knowing, taking risks – allowing the coaching process to be led by the co-created nature of the engagement.
- Identify and describe ways to seeing work and choosing in the moment what is most effective.
- Identify and describe using heart-warming humor effectively to create lightness and energy.
- Identify and describe confidently shifting perspectives and experiment with new possibilities for own actions.
- Identify and describe demonstrating confidence in working with strong emotions and how to self-manage – not become overpowered or enmeshed by client’s emotions.
- Updated ICF Core Competencies – https://coachfederation.org/core-competencies
- ICF Core Competencies Comparison Table https://coachfederation.org/app/uploads/2017/12/ICFCompetenciesLevelsTable.pdf
- ICF PCC Markers https://coachfederation.org/pcc-markers
- A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see the section on How to Complete this Certificate.