Personal Ministry Coach Course
Course #: G-CPC-104 AUDIT Hours: 16 Lec/ 2 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 18 Total
Subject Title: CULTIVATES TRUST AND SAFETY
Method: Asynchronous/Self-study Schedule: 16-hours (Lessons 25-32)
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
Acting in partnership to co-create the coaching relationship is the cornerstone of CULTIVATES TRUST AND SAFETY in coaching. It is the ability to create a safe, supportive environment that produces ongoing mutual respect and trust which helps to demonstrate effective competent coaching. When coaching relationships are co-created between client and coach, the purpose is to assist the coaching relationship toward developing into a new and mutual state of awareness that can only arise in the moment and out of joint conversation designed to connect to the client and vice versa to build complete trust. Based upon ICF public documents, the D.I.A.M.O.N.D.S. CORE COMPETENCIES FOR COACHING curriculum provide guidelines, suggestions, and opportunities for coach practitioners, mentors, supervisors, trainers, and students in their coaching work and practices to apply competent application of the ICF Core Competency – CULTIVATES TRUST AND SAFETY. A minimum of 16 class hours is spent in coach-specific training and practice on this essential core competency.
Required Textbook: DIAMONDS Core Competencies for Coaching: Coach-specific Training for Professional Coaches and Aspiring Coaches by Dr Merle Evelyn Ray (Author) (2017), ISBN 978-1720921318
- Identify and describe showing genuine concern for the client’s welfare and future.
- Identify and describe continuously demonstrating personal integrity, honesty and sincerity.
- Identify and describe establishing clear agreements and keeping promises.
- Identify and describe demonstrating respect for client’s perceptions, learning style, and personal being.
- Identify and describe providing ongoing support for new behaviors and those furthering the client’s goals for coaching.
- Identify and describe championing actions, including those involving risk-taking and fear of failure.
- Identify and describe asking permission to coach client in sensitive new areas.
- Updated ICF Core Competencies – https://coachfederation.org/core-competencies
- ICF Core Competencies Comparison Table https://coachfederation.org/app/uploads/2017/12/ICFCompetenciesLevelsTable.pdf
- ICF PCC Markers https://coachfederation.org/pcc-markers
- A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see the section on How to Complete this Certificate.