Certificate in Professional Coaching Course
Course #: G-CPC-102 Hours: 16 Lec/ 2 Lab/ 0 Ext/ 18 Total
Subject Title: EMBODIES A COACHING MINDSET
Method: Live Instructor-Led Online Schedule: SAT/SUN 8 AM – 5:30 PM
Complete Synopsis Prerequisites: None
Since the rapid growth of the coaching profession the International Coaching Federation (ICF) introduced the newest version of core competencies in 2019. One of the newest core competencies, a key aspect of setting an effective foundation for coaching is embodying a coaching mindset. Experienced Transformation Coach, Mukul Dhawan in his article states, “As more people make coaching their full-time career, investing in yourself as a coach is even more important now.” ELTU agrees and supports coaches on their journeys to learn more about how to integrate this new competency into coaching practices to foster and support success for coaches and growth for clients. This course combines article lectures, coaching labs, and online discussion forums to give the coach knowledge of how to enhance their skills in order to coach others successfully and take care of themselves in the process. EMBODIES A COACHING MINDSET focuses on being yourself and doing yourself as a coach, providing guidance on how to be the best you while also being the best coach both for yourself and the client.
Required Textbook: DIAMONDS Core Competencies for Coaching: Coach-specific Training for Professional Coaches and Aspiring Coaches by Dr Merle Evelyn Ray (Author) (2017), ISBN 978-1720921318
- Identify and describe embodying a coaching mindset as defined by the ICF.
- Identify and describe reflective practice and integration into coaching interactions.
- Identify and describe a commitment to lifelong learning and the ICF credential renewal.
- Identify and describe self awareness, self-regulation, and self-development for coaching.
- Updated ICF Core Competencies – https://coachfederation.org/core-competencies
- ICF Core Competencies Comparison Table https://coachfederation.org/app/uploads/2017/12/ICFCompetenciesLevelsTable.pdf
- ICF PCC Markers https://coachfederation.org/pcc-markers
- A class syllabus is provided for each student upon successful enrollment and acceptance. Also see the section on How to Complete this Certificate.